Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Swarmed with Malaysians

Simply grab any asian at my campus and the chances of them being Malaysian is higher than the chance of you guessing the correct answer to a multiple choice question.

Alright, I might be exaggerating but, MAN, it's so embarassing when people ask me "Hey, you don't really have an accent" or "You do have a slight accent but I can't figure it out...where are you from?"
and I would go, "oh, I'm from Malaysia." and a groan resounds and this sentence is uttered "OHMYGOD this place is swarming with you Malaysians!" 
Like I'm supposed to explain why this phenomenon is happening or something. Crap.

But guess what?

People either guess I'm a hongkie or a chinese (from mainland China) or a taiwanese (if they hear me speak hokkien/taiwanese).
Had a few guesses that I was from Korea or Japan. Seriously, Korea? lol..it happened like this:

I walked into a korean cyber cafe and this guy at the counter said hello in korean and started spouting korean while I looked at him with an expression that tried to convey that I UNDERSTAND NO SHIT EXCEPT YOUR HELLO. (annyeonghaseyo)
it was funny though when he realised it. hahaha

And it was weird when I accidentally bumped into someone on the street and he said sorry. Then looked at me a second time, and went 'sorry' in japanese. (Sumimasen) =__=" lol

Anyway, I was telling Andrew about me being mistaken for a chinese this time. Here's an excerpt of the conversation.

Andrew  says:
btw u do speak like u're from china when u want to
bpbpbp=   ~ ¢LäW£  ~  =pbpbpb says:
 i never spoke before in front of that person, and he has only heard me speak english
 then he guess im frm china
 LOL
Andrew says:
@@
u mix with china peeps alot
 or u look like china chinese
bpbpbp=   ~ ¢LäW£  ~  =pbpbpb says:
 i dont mix with china peeps in uni, reason being, they are rare
 they are an endangered species
 whereas malaysians.....u can open fire anytime
  Andrew 郭瀚声 says:
 THEY HAVE 1.3 BILLION FOR GODS SAKE! XD

hmm so yeah. if you do have the chance to visit my campus and you're in the mood for hunting, bring your rifle. it is ALWAYS malaysian hunting season. we overrun the place. f3

ciao peeps (:







No comments: